"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Revelation from God



I have decieded to spend some time with the Lord every morning. This morning I sat down with my bible and some books I am reading. I read my normal chapters and then I went to 1 Timothy, it was suggested to me to look over the book of Timothy to use for training councelors at the center. So, I am reading in Timothy and I come across this verse.
"Let no man despise thy youth, but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith , in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

I looked at this scripture for sometime and even asked the Lord to explain it to me. This is what was said, Be in the word and let all of your happenings in the day be an example of what a believer needs to be. In my conversations, in love(charity in KJV, means love), in my spirit within me and my faith, also the way I present myself to others. If you had a really bad day and you walked into a room full of non believers, how would you carry yourself. Would come across as calm, angry, verbally rude? I guess we have to remember in all of our happenings in the day, we are watched by others. This is really a good reminder of our daily walk with the Lord. I love that scripture in Joshua 1:8 that talks about meditating on the word day and night. This is true. So, I challenge you and me, to look at the way we carry ourselves. And remeber it is not just out in the community, how about our children, husbands and friends? God bless all of you today.

4 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Tanya...I posted something similar back in November about the Christian example that we must leave:

http://bittersweetpunkin.blogspot.com/2007/11/giving-thanks.html

you are so right!
Blessings,
Robin

Anonymous said...

You are so right on! If we were being video taped through out our day, and it being shown to our worst critics, we would behave differently...and in a sense we really are..never knowing who is watching, and knowing our Father of unfailing love is watching! good post. I am going to add you to my blogroll if that is okay with you.

Susan said...

You are so true I think God is doing a mighty work in our lives right now and we are choosing to glorify Him in everything. That is the true meaning of witnessing to them just being an example and live like Jesus is on your shoulder all the time. Which he is.

Kathi said...

Thanks for posting this. You are so right. We need to be examples for Christ. People are watching our lives. I believe they watch to see how we will respond when something tragic or something bad happens to us. How we respond can build or shake their budding faith. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Kathi