"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dominating or Desolate?


Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com

"Whatever is not from faith is sin." Romans 14:23

A group of us are reading this book called "captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge. We are in chapter three, it is brought up in the chapter that because of the fall of man and women, we as women are under our husbands, If our husbands are passive or maybe even aggressive, we fall with them. We can become dominating or desolate to our spouces, friends or children. So all this time I am thinking that I am a dominating wife, because I have seen the signs giving up control of certian things to Jeff. But after watching this video that goes with the book, I realize I am also desolate. This is something I really am going to give to the Lord this year. I feel in my heart that I really want to be more humble and meek. More forgiving and not so judgemental. I really want to give all to the Lord this year. I really hold on to control and it is time to trust in the Lord and Jeff. It also has showed me that I tend to look in other areas to find control or contentment besides God. If you have a group of gal pals, this book is really good. At first I was not so sure I wanted to do it. But as we have gone on, I am seeing alot of changes that need to be made. An what is so interesting about this book is that even single women can benefit from it.

2 comments:

Nana C said...

OK. when we ask our wonderful Lord for HELP, wow he is complete. YOur blog today touched me as I am going through this, only retired for 6 months, my wonderful hubby and I are the same wonderful partners for each other. So more humbleness and meekness, with my Lord's love and patience,so I can know to do the plans and purpose he has for me. Thank you sister

Susan said...

This book is turning out to be so awesome and I am so glad I am reading it with you and Wendi.