"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year and my Resolution


glitter-graphics.com







Happy New Year




Well it is about one in the morning and I thought that I would share somethings that God has shown me. First of all, I have realized that my life is not my own. My life belongs to the Lord, after all He did create me. And there for there are things that I need to do this year. Of course one of them is to change our diet and exercise program. Jeff and I have already begun changing some eating habits and getting away from the t.v. while we eat. Another is to forgive people and not hold on to grudges of other. The scriptures are very clear about forgiving or the Lord can not work in your life. But most of all, I am going to go through the scriptures and ask the Lord my soul purpose for being here and what He wants of me. I would like to share some scriptures that I ran across in our Thompson Chain Reference.




Life: Its Purpose,




To Serve God


"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."


Joshua 24:15




To Seek God's Kingdom


"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."


Matthew 6:33




To Do the Father's Will


"Jesus sayth unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work."


John 4:34




To Finish the Divine Task


"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which though gavest me to do."


John 17:4




To Complete The Course Joyfully


"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which if the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."


Act 20:24




To Attain Christlikeness


"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do , forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling od God in Christ Jesus."


Phil 3:13-14




So, this year, make those reselutions and try to stay with them. But most of all make sure that you get your strength from the Lord and count all of your day with joy and peace. I pray that all of you have a wonderful New Year!!!







No comments: