"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Special

I recently bought the kids a new Science program. Yesterday I was reading up on the first chapter. The Author of the program is having the kids memorize scripture. The first scripture is Genesis 1:1 " In the Beginning God created the Heavens and the earth." As I read on, the author points out the fact that their are several planets in our space, solor system and galaxies. But she points out that God in his word only names the earth. She proceeds to talk about how much God loves this planet and that we must be more special than any other planets, because we are named specifically. I was really touched by this. We are so special that we were named. I mean it could of said Mercury, Venus, Pluto or even Mars. But it says earth. This became so personnal to me, that I started thinking of God in a whole new way. I was reminded last night of my thoughts and feelings about God. A couple of years ago, my mother passed away very suddenly. I had to go back to Spokane, WA to help my sister with all the arrangements. During this time I became really angry towards my mother, because we really did not have a great relationship. When I came home, I was so angry and it was spilling into my other relationships. So, I seeked counciling, as I was sitting across from the councilor, I was telling her my attitude towards my mother. She hit me with this question, "How do you view God?" I sat looking at her, what does this have to do with how I am feeling. So, I shrugged my shoulders and said I do not know. She said that it makes a difference on how we view life, to how we view our Lord. So she tells me that I was so important that when I was created in my mothers womb, Jesus was holding me and cradling me. She said to me, when you were born, who caught you. I replied with,"the Doctors." She smiled and said, yes in the physical, but in reality, Jesus is the one who caught you. And then she proceeded to tell me as I grew outside the womb, Jesus was with me through my growth and when I took my first steps, Jesus held my hands so I could walk to my parents. My councilor said that I was so special, Jesus created me for who I am today and He has plans for me, plans to prosper me, Jeremiah 29:11. I am special, for I am Jesus' princess and he loves me so much. I look at Jesus as my mother, the one who nurtures me and holds me when I am down. Who disciplines me when I am not following his word and who adores me for loving Him. I know it sounds strange, but I feel that He was my first and ultimate love and He deserves my heart and my love. So, tell me how special do you feel when it comes to the Lord? How do you view Him and why. It will change your whole outlook about Him.

3 comments:

Susan said...

That was awesome. You are right about him olding us and taking care of us. I believe he holds me quiet often. He is a good God.

captivatedheart said...

Tanya, Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog! Yesterday after reading your blog and reading a few of the comments, My love for God was on fire. I want to take this opportunity to let the other bloggers know (if they don't already know this) what a special person you are. Tanya, you have been there for me over and over the lat few months of a very difficult time in my life. You always direct me to the Word and to God! I hope someday my faith becomes as strong as yours. Thank you for being there when I became a Christian and thank you for never judging me. God really blessed me when he brought you into my life. On a lighter note, it's is wonderful to see the other bloggers on your site. Some of you I know already, some I know just a little and others I don't know at all. However, in the coming days, I hope to get to know you better a s sisters in Christ. Heather I had a little time to check out your blog, Good Job! Thank you all for starting your blogs. Reading them has encouraged me more than words can ever express. God Bless each and every one of you@ Tanya, I can never thank you enough for being my friend! Love, Resa

Nana C said...

Tanya, such a thoughtful blog, the pictures of Jesus with the children, I remember seeing many pictures of Jesus when I was a young child. Jesus is so precious to me, thank you for your faith encourages my faith. Song: Jesus,Jesus,Jesus sweetest name I know,fills my every longing, keeps me singing as I go. Oh, how I love Jesus because he first loved me. Nana C