"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Romance

"He the hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John 14:21


This morning I was spending sometime with the Lord. After I was done reading the bible, I picked up my book Captivating. We are now in chapter seven and Stasi is talking about romance. Now, this is where I have a little trouble. When Jeff and I were first married, Jeff romanced me all the time. Flowers, candy, dinners out etc etc. Well, after we were married, it all changed. And I had some resentment issues with it. Now after seventeen years of marriage, I really have not pushed the issue or even cared for that matter. I realize that Jeff loves me and chocolates and flowers makes no difference to me. So, I had a little bit of a hesitation about reading this seventh chapter. She states that God adores us and that He is our bridegroom. Bridegroom, meaning lover or fiance. And that He will give us little gifts of Him to prove that He is romancing us. Like His creation, He shows us these all the time. Just yesterday I was at the center, and as I was getting out of my car, I seen a hawk circling over the middle school. I love the birds and the way that they glide in the wind. He wants to adore us, to love us and yes, He wants to Romance us. When I seen this scripture in John, I about flew out of my seat.



"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him" John 14:21



I am really encouraged by this scripture, He will manifest Himself to me. And He loves me, because I heed His commandments and because He created me. This is amazing to me. And really, I did love the Lord like the song, "Jesus love me this I know, for the bible tells me so." Yes, there is good word in that song, but there is a time where your love needs to become more mature. I want to be romanced by God, not that Jeff is not important to me, because he is. But, God is the one who created me, and I believe that God is the first start to really knowing what true love is. I look to God and fall in love and love will surround my life. I choose to love God and I am ready to be more romanced. I love you Lord. My heart is changing when it comes to the word "romance", it means so many other things. Look into it, do not be afraid of it. God wants you and you know you want God. Ask Him this question "Jesus, how are you romancing me now?"

3 comments:

Nana C said...

Tanya, your post today is just beautiful. God bless Love Nana C

Heather said...

Hey sister,

I'm lovin' this post on 'romance'. See...this is where it pays to be single. Jesus is the only romance I get...Jesus is the only romance I need:)

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Amen - gives a whole new meaning to "romance" doesn't it?!?!