"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our duty as Christians




"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16: 15-18



I look at this verse and sometimes, I get alittle fearful about sharing my faith with people who are lost. I guess, I am reminded about Colombus, all the navigators stopped at certain points of the ocean, for fear of falling off the edge of the earth. Colombus sailed right through and proved that the earth is round. So, I asked you are you proving that their is a savior? We have a gift, that the lost do not have. We are going to heaven, we have eternal life. It is our job as christians to seek out the lost. I sat listening to the minister this morning and I felt a little sad. I have not gotten myself with women who are seperated from God. I love women who love the Lord, I think I get to comfortable here. I am holding on to a key that can save someone and I am not sharing it with them. It is time for me to come out of my comfort zone and I need to be in prayer. There is a new word I have seen on the net, "p.u.s.h"- "pray until something happens." I believe it is time for me to do just that. How can I further your kingdom Lord, who do you need me to be available too? I have to be honest, I have brought people to the Lord, but in the last couple of years, I have gotten laxed in this area. My heart was set on fire this morning and I do not want to be selfish. I want to share and I need to reach out more. I was told to do this by the Lord, I intent to see it through.



Christian Glitter by


Dearest Lord Jesus, I come to you in prayer right now. Please show me people who need to come to you. Use me as an instrument and help me to listen to the words that you fill my heart to share. Place pride and rebellion away from me, and fill me with humbleness and love. Jesus, I never want to be comfortable, the moment that I slip in that mode, stop me and show me your will. I stand on your word and I look to you for all my directions. Let your word be planted in my heart, mind and soul and cultivate change in me and harvest it up to use for the lost. I love you with all my heart, soul and mind. I am ready. Amen













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! This is a powerful prayer. I have said it many times myself and saying it again now with you....this one I know is in his will for both of us. Love ya hope you are having a good day!

Nana C said...

Tanya, God has so many who He will lead you to. I have a few friends who are Christian and a few who are not that when Spirit gives me unction the witness is good as it it directly from my heavenly Father. I sat and listened to your new music, so uplifting, I found myself naturally praising and praying. Thank you girl, Nana C

Anonymous said...

My new prayer has been "Lord, orchestrate divine appointments for me. Lord, give me the lost." That verse gives a new meaning to 'you GO girl' ;)

Susan said...

I really like that PUSH. We do need to Pray until something happens.