"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Prepare for Rain



"There are these two farmers, they both prayed for rain. One sat back and waited the other prepared his fields. Which farmer are you?" quoted from "Facing the Giants"

As Jeff and I watched the movie, I was struck by the conversation between the coach and the man who has prayed for the school. I looked at Jeff and said "We need to prepare our fields." Jeff agreed.

Jeff has been on this journey that has been amazing for me to sit back and watch. The revelations that has come out of his time with the Lord and the growth that has protruded from him. I know that God has something awesome for Jeff. I am not the one to stand at his ear and tell him either. First of all, I believe that if I am the one who is telling him, it is not God's will for him. Second of all, if what I say bombs, then he will be mad at me. But I also as a wife have to prepare for rain for me role as his wife and mother. It is really complicated sometimes to be a wife and yet with God it is easy. I know at this point I am babbling, so here is why I blogged this. There is some huge changed in 2008 for all of us. God is going to move the Christians in a mighty way, whether it is to defend our faith or it is to defend issues that we believe. I believe we are going to be put to some major tests. So, as christians are we preparing our fields for rain? I am really challenging all of you who are my friends, I love you all and I want to be able to stand with strong, mature believers. God Bless all of you and I will be praying for your walks with Jesus.

2 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Facing the Giants is a wonderful film...very moving and very thought inspiring...

I hope you have a Merry Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Robin

Susan said...

Tanya,
What an awesome post. Marc and I agree with you guys about preparing the fields. We just listened to A sermon of Andrew Womack's about imagination. whatever field you are preparing begin imaining it know, healthy and bringing in a huge harvest.
Love ya,
Susan