"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Open the eyes of my heart

As all of you know, I volunteer at the local pregnancy center on Tuesday nights. Today, I was asked to go to the Good Samaritan Nursing home to except some baby blankets that the residents made for the center. I was pretty nervous, because I was getting my picture taken with the residents to be put in the paper. When I got there, the reporter had not shown up, so I was asked to give information to the residents about the center. I was so taken back by their questions. They really wanted to know what we do, and how we support the community. I guess I forget that just because you are in a nursing home or wheel chair, that you are not human or feel anymore. I am deeply sorry for looking at these beautiful women like this. And I hope that when I am that age, I will still be able to support the center with making blankets and loving other. God is so good and He makes me see his heart. There is a song by Babbie Mason called "Trust in His heart." This is true, I should not lean on my own understanding, but by his understanding.

3 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Tanya...I tell my children you never know what kind a story a Senior has to tell...where they've been or what they went through. Some have fought great wars for us..others have been through unspeakable horror...some have no family to share with.....and you never know when you may be looking into the eyes of Jesus.
Blessings,
Robin

Susan said...

I am so glad you wrote about this. I love the elderly an dI do think we forget how they are still God's children. They are just as important to society as we are. Thinks for rminding me to remeber them this Holiday Season. You are a great friend and I am enjoying getting to know you better.

Susan said...

Tanya,
I am so excited. I got Mike on blog. Thanks for letting me know about it.