"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Moving on With God

As most of you know, my husband Jeff and I are in the midst of setting up a home church. Right now, the group consist of Jeff, Jeff's mother Shirley, His dad Duane, our two children and I. We started in Genesis, we let the Holy Ghost guide us and direct what we read. Last night we finished Genesis. I can not tell you all the things that God revealed to us. It is amazing, I have such a better appreciation of the Lords direction for creation, Abraham's seed, the flood etc. But most of all the impact that this has had on my husband. He has been doing some great changes, I have been looking at him with different respect. for instance, he started a blog and the other morning he was setting up some songs for it. Well, one thing lead to another and I made a comment about the selections of songs he made. At the time I did not realize how this comment made a ripple in our relationship. The day was bad, and later on I was praying out loud and realized what I had done. I called Jeff to apologise and he shared with me his feelings. After we made up, he blogged about it. I was not impressed with his blog, only because I felt like he made me sound like a mean, over opinionated wife . We again talked and I realize I had some issues from my past that I needed to deal with. Jeff and I grew up with different parents. My parents (I love them) were lead by fear and they were very overbearing. Jeff parents (and I love them also.) grew up with lots of music, and different bands. Jeff's dad was a musician and had his own band, for many years. I have to remember that even Christian singers or bands fall, they do thing for glory of men, money, attention etc. And granite, I do not listen to some of Jeff's music, I do have favorites of my own, that I listened to from my past. I choose at this time to fill my ears with the word and worship. This does not mean that I can not support my husbands decisions. And I will back him and I will pray for him. I am not Jeff's Holy Spirit. And I am not going to judge my husband and cause strife. This does not mean he is not a good christian or he falls short. This means his faith is strong and he is standing in an area of truth from his heart. I have to say, I admire that and it makes me feel secure. So, I am going to support my husband and I know he is a man of God. I love you, Jeff.
Love Tanya

3 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Tanya...it was me that commented on your husband's blog!! You did NOT come off as a meanie...we have struggled with that very topic many years ago at my house!! We consulted 2 dear friends of ours who are both Pastors and have a home church....they are in our age group as well...and we were told pretty much what your husband has written in his last post...TRUST ME...we still struggle with this topic from time to time with our children. We Trust them in their Faith and the Lord knows what is in their heart. There are a LOT of things that do not get by us...we do use parental blocks on the TV...they might not agree with it but they know what we want for them...all songs are screened before downloading to their Ipods....

I hope you weren't offended by anything I wrote on Jeff's blog....it just hit
really close to home with me...I think its a valid concern Christian's struggle with!
Blessings,
Robin

Susan said...

You two are such an ispiration. You are truly being a helpmeet to your husband and I am so glad that God has blessed me withyour friendship.

Heather said...

16 years! Congratulations! I know God will continue to bless your union as you both strive to keep Him at the center. I'm blessed to call you friends:)

PS...
I totally LOVE the Mike Huckabee plug. I am stealing it:) Go Huck!!!