"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Monday, December 03, 2007

For He Is Our Comfort

I came across a scripture last night that really spoke to me. The Lord is our provider, he gives us joy, He is our Savior. But how many of us use God as our comforter. I think sometimes I forget this. So today's attribute will be comforter.

Comforter:

"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness. Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." Isaiah 40:1-5

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18

(And behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.)" Matthew 9:20-22

"Then had the churches rest throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied." Acts 9:31


There are so many scriptures on comfort. But know this, that during this time of the year and if fact everyday, all we have to do is know that the Lord is right next to us and He is comforting us. We are never alone.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Tanya I love Isaiah 40. Someone told me to read it after I had the miscarriage and I know that I had read it before but this time it meant so much to me. Thanks for blogging about him being your comforter I needed that reminder.