"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Hoopla


Okay, here it goes. I am going to tell you about past Christmas'


1. I have spent Christmas in Washington (Everett and Spokane), Germany (Kitzigen), and Iowa (Red Oak).


2. We always opened our presents on Christmas morning, except if we spent Christmas in Spokane, then we opened them on Christmas eve.


3. My Grandmother Richards gave all ten children and grandchildren pajamas every Christmas.


4. My mother started listening to Christmas music in September and she did not stop until the end of January.


5. My mother put out the nativity with only Joseph and Mary, the three Wise men were place somewhere far away from the nativity and every day they moved closure to it. On Christmas morning Baby Jesus showed up and also the Wise men.


6. Our Christmas tree goes up right after Thanksgiving and come down the week after New Years.


7. My mom gave my sister and I Cher dolls one Christmas. I loved that doll. Mom also gave Charlene and I a barbie town house.


8. We have an advent calandar that the kids put up a star for every day. They love that calandar, and if it was up to our daughter she would put a star up for every hour.


9. We spend most of Christmas day with Jeff's parents and we make a hugh meal and open gifts up.


10. My step mother gives me a subscribtion to Taste of Home magazine every year. I love that magazine.


11. Jeff and I try to have our own Christmas with the kids. Jeff is as much a kid as the kids. He loves playing with their toys and spending time with the kids.


12. Jeff always reads the Christmas story to the kids from Matthew or Luke. And the kids always bake a birthday cake for Jesus, they even decorate. It is really cool.


Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I love the Cher doll.

Susan said...

Hey Tanya see if you can get Jeff to do this. It will be fun to see this done from a guys point of view.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Tanya...I started baking a birthday cake for Jesus too a few years back! I love #5...that is so neat!
Blessings,
Robin