"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Artists

I have to boast a little bit. My darling daughter has been taking these art classes with another home school mom. She has also been learning about different Artist, she has learned about Picasso and Di Vici. She prepared a picture of a tiger before she went to the art class. She came home with the finished project, she did a wonderful job. I am so proud of her. She really likes to draw, she is drawing all the time. For her birthday this year Grandpa got her an easel It has a role of paper on it and she is always painting. For Christmas I think I will have to get her more paint and paper. She also likes to sketch with pencils and art books. I am so glad that we have the freedom to express ourselves through art, music, and poetry. I am not sure how the Lord is going to use our daughters talents, but I am so thankful that she can express herself with the gift. About four years ago, my mother died suddenly. My sister and I were preparing all the details, and my aunt told my sister and I to go through all of her belongings. She had only three rubber made boxes left of her life. But these boxes were filled with art supplies. She also left a stack of finished art drawings in chalk. Now I knew my mother could sing like no other and I knew my mother had wrote peotry, but I did not know she drew. I felt a little lost, I mean, I guess I did not know that much about her. But at the time, well all my life we ware not close. I am so glad that I was able to see something about her that she loved. She did express herself throught these chalk drawings. I look at the one I have and I can see her on the beach drawing the lighthouse and feeling good.

No comments: