"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Beautiful Women

Recently, I have been reading another book for our Saturday Ladies Group. The book is Captivating, I read the first chapter and one of the questions in the workbook made me look at women in my life who have inspired me. One special women who popped into my head was my Grandmother Gussie. Grandma raised ten children by herself. My Grandfather died early and left Gussie with ten children, the oldest was sixteen and there was two sets of twins still in diapers. She worked so that she could put all seven of the boys in Gonzaga Prep, an all boy Catholic school. She was a God fearing women and she loved the Lord with all of her heart. She loved all of her 28 grandchildren and here 19 great grandchildren. She was really the glue that held the family together, she was soft spoken and she loved us very much. I hope that I could be like her. After the children all grew up, my grandmother traveled the world, she went to the Holy Lands, Spain, New york and many other places. She was such an inspiration for me. She once sat down with me and told me how she met Grandpa, she actually went on a date with another guy and double dated with her friend who was dating Grandpa. She walked away from the date realizing that she was going to marry her friends date. And later on they met again and feel in love. She was a wonderful story teller and boy could she make cookies. I will always have a place in my heart for her. I love her very much and I miss her.

No comments: