"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

P.A.R.T.Y spells HELP!!!

Well, you really do not realize how old you are until you take five kids to a huge event. This happened to DH and I, in fact as I am blogging this, DH is still out cold with exhaustion. So last night my DH and I took our sweet sixteen year old son, our dearly daughter and some of our son's friends to the pizza place in Omaha called the 'Amazing Pizza Machine". First of all it is on the other side of Omaha closest to Fremont Nebraska, so the drive was long. And when we were three street lights away from it you could see it, it is a strip mall by itself. A large lump formed in my throat and I started praying "Lord give me strength." So all the kids piled out of the van and my DH and I are giving orders and rules as we are walking into this giant warehouse of fun. We hit the lobby and I proceed to go up to the counter to confirm our reservation, as I talked to this lady, she is looking for our sweet sixteen's name on the list and they can not find it. I decided I was not going to be testy or angry but know that God is in control here. So after about ten minutes they find our son's name and this young man who is our host shows up. Bubbly young man named Patrickvand the kids really liked him from the beginning. He took our DH and all the kids to the room that we reserved, while I talk to the young gal about squaring up the bill. So, she scans the paper that all of our information is on and the card number that I used to put down the deposit is now not working for her. So, I stand there determined not to blow a gas get and let God take this over. It took three people to figure out this promblem and I just stood there and kind of chuckled. So, they figure it out and I am finishing and about to find my party, when one of the people who was trying to figure out all these hang ups hand me a little credit card with twenty dollars stamp on it. I said "what is this for?" He replied " for being so patient with us and our mistake?" So I thanked Him. Now, the credit card is what helps you pay for all the games and rides. So, I payed for six cards of ten dollars a pieces and I got a twenty dollar one for free. I thanked the Lord for this wonderful gift. and proceeded down this hall, when I hear "Hay supermom." I turn around and there is Patrick, he tells me were our room is and all the things we can do. My DH and I decide we need to let the kids eat first. We walk down this hall and into this room that is filled with buffet style tables. You could have anything you wanted. They even had a Macaroni Pizza. The kids ate all their food and we gave them their cards and they were off. They rode the go carts, bumper cars, little roller coaster, bowled, they played all kinds of video games. My darling husband and I played air hockey, I realized I am not so good at the game. But, by the end of the night my DH and I were exhausted trying to keep up with all the kids. But in reality I was really starting to like the idea of all the children. I myself came from big families. My Dad came from a family of ten and my mother came from a family of thirteen. My step-mother called me on my cell phone and I was telling my mother that I liked all these children and I wanted some more of my own. My step-mother laughed and told me more grandchildren would be great. So if you get to Omaha, go to the Amazing Pizza Machine it is pricey, but it is worth it. It may even bring out the kid in you!!!!!!

No comments: