"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Getting Older in one Week

Well, I am now a proud mother of a sixteen years old with a job. Starting Friday of this week my son will now be in the working world. He will be working at McDonald's here in town. I am not sure who actually is getting older, our son or me? You know when you first have them you think, what do I do next? How do you take care of them and will I eventually be good at it? Then time goes by and you teach them the things that you do not want them to do and the things that you want them to learn, you even feel a little more confident in your parenting skill. Maybe the biggest reason is because you know that they are under you and nothing can hurt them. But then they turn sixteen and they start naming all these things that they want and you know that you can not afford, like a new car and PlayStation 3 etc, etc. So, you start pointing to the work world and they are now under someone else, and you so hope that you taught them what they needed to know. This is where I am today, I am so hoping that I taught him what he needed to know, I guess if you think about it, did I know everything when I got my first job? This is were the maturity starts or could crash violently. I should talk to him about being humble and being able to be teachable everyday. So, I guess having children lets me know that I am getting older, and maybe a little wiser.

No comments: