"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

18 Inch Jump South

For a couple of months I have been examining myself. I have realized that I have not had reverence towards the Lord like I need too. I have been praying out loud to the Lord and I have been looking up the attributes of the Lord. Now, granted I know the word, I understand it mentally, I am not sure it is planted in my heart. So Sunday, I was on my couch reading this bible study about Sanctification and Holiness. In the bible Study the author writes about Jesus' death on the cross. He writes,"The sinful nature which still resists God has been legally dealt with. God has no program for this sinful nature except crucifixion. He does not want to educate it, to heal it, to accept it or to love it. It must be killed, It has been killed, legally, at the cross. Our old man was crucified with him." At the moment of reading this the knowledge of this very idea jumped from my head straight to my heart. I understood it, if I am sinning continually, God does not want me to go to the website to educate myself on the sin, or look up all the books on it. He doesn't even want me to try to understand why I keep doing it. He wants me to focus on the Word of God and let the Word correct me. Not focusing on the sin, but on the Word of God. All my life I have been focusing on the wrong thing. I have been blaming this person or that person in my past, or thinking it was a generational curse or something. Trying to understand why I kept sinning in certain areas of my life. But now I totally understand why Jesus died for me, my sins are already dead, I need to repent and then not focus on it again. And in that reality, I repent and then I know that guilt and shame does not have a place in my life, because Jesus had to die and rise again for me to live. I belong 100% to Him and I believe that. I am no longer going to say that I do not have reverence for the Lord, because after Sunday I look at Him with more reverence than ever.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That is so interesting that you read that on Sunday. Pastor Mike was talking about the same thing and he used the example of overeating. He said quit trying to fgure out why you keep eating, quit focusing on the food, and focus on God. He said with any sin you have take your eyes off of the sin and on the word of God and he said READ,READ, READ the word of God. I had the same revelation as you about the same thing on the same day. Boy God is good!!