"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Sweet 16"

Well it is official, as of today I am the proud mother of a sixteen year old. I can not believe the time that has swiftly passed by me. So, I have to tell you, the other night my now sixteen year old was pondering a PlayStation 3, he was so engrossed in it and was telling his grandfather how he wanted one. So, DD pipes up and says, well if you would get a job, and a driving liescence you could get it yourself. So our sixteen year old with all the wisdom in his little world, pipes up and says, I have been looking, I have been beating the pavement. Ha, ha, my DH tells our son, sitting on the couch or playing video games does not count in job hunting. So, I ask you how much more challenging will this sixteen year old become. I am not sure but I am in deep prayer for him now and every second of every hour, and all day. He has gotten really bold with DH and I, which in some ways are good and bad. He has also shown some real grown up decisions, but not enough of them to support living on his own yet. I remember when I was sixteen, I wonder if my parents felt the same way about me or worse? All of you who have teenagers understand, one moment you look at them and remember how small they were and how much they clung to you like glue. Then in one fail move they become bold and stand offish. I guess this is why we not only need to equip our children with education but also with God, they will not survive without Him. Amen

No comments: