"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nature Study

"Pocketful of Pinecones" is a great book for beginning or even pro home school mothers. Karen does an awesome job taking diary entries to help you understand how to do nature studies. I really enjoyed reading this book and I encourage any mother who wants to use nature study as science to read this book. It also gives other ideas for just homeschooling your children. I highly recommend these books.















"Handbook of Nature Study" is an awesome book if you want to do a nature study with your child. I have a copy of this book and it has so much information in it. I plan to go on nature walks with my daughter and get her in the thought of God's creation. Anna Comstock really spent some time doing the research and pictures. Really worth the money.
We have had a wet summer here in Iowa and with all the dampness we have received some interesting house guest. The fruit flies have been terrible and the spiders just as much. We have also had some June bugs and some black ants. My daughter and son have been really curious about all of these bugs. So, I did some googling and found some wonderful websites I want to share with you. This is the Wild Life education site. It has wonderful pictures of insect and spiders and it even has curriculum to download. This is the Land Care Research website of New Zealand, there is so much information on this site.

This site has all kinds of information about insects and spiders, and wouldn't you know it, it is call
Everything about.This is a bug guide to use with so much information. This is a website from Arizona,

No comments: