"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beauty


In this world, the view of beauty is so misstrued. Our daughters are growing up and watching the models and movie stars distort beauty. In all of this, there is one company that is trying to give our daughters a chance at looking a beauty in a different way. I should reword that, there are lots of people and websites who are giving our daughters a chance, but one manufactoring company is doing the same thing.

Our daughters look up to us as mothers. We are the beauty that they see everyday, and therefore it should be us who trains our daughters to be beautiful. And Dove sees that, they have an eighteen page pamplet that you can down load and a mother's guide that you can do with your daughters. I looked throught the guide, and although I did not agree with all of it, there are some wonderful questions in it for you and your daughter. I was really impressed with what Dove is trying to do.



There is also a book, if you want the christian veiw point called " Who calls me Beautiful?" by Regina Franklin. The book has several questions that you and your daughter can go throught at the end of each chapter. Regina takes this subjects and she compares it to what Jesus says about beauty. It is a really good book. I want to do it with Melanie. In this day and age it is up to us as mom's to renforce our daughter image of themselves. They need us to tell them of true beauty. If you check out either one of these sites or the book, please give me some feed back. Or if you know of other sites, let me know so that I can post it. God bless all of you, From Tanya



No comments: