"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Slowdown

I was watching Sunday night television, when Extreme Makeover: Home Edition came on. I always like to watch the show. This episode involved a mother's plea to finish a home that her sixteen year old son started building. Her son was also head of the family, he tragically was killed in a car accident. I was really moved, this young boy did not just take care of the family or started building the family home, but he donated his organs to others. I was so moved by this young boys life. At sixteen he touched a whole community, four other people who needed organs and left such a print on his mother and sisters hearts. I started thinking about the day and what I wanted to share tonight on my blog. It made me zone in on the discussion in my women's sunday school class this morning. Malachi 3:10 " Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." This discussion this morning was on tithing and offerings. That as christians we have an obligation to God to offer tithes to our church or other placed that we feel God is directing us. But above our tithes we need to be helping others or giving offerings to the Lords creation. This show tonight and the discussion this morning really have made a heavy impact on my heart. It is not about reconition or being better than anyone else. It is about doing the work of the Lord. I do not care who know what I am doing with the money or blessings that God has blessed us with. But, I do care what the bible says and the obediance that the Lord expects of me. If a sixteen year old teenager shows that much love toward others, where is my heart at? What am I doing to further God's Kingdom?

No comments: