"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Submitting

I have been meeting on Saturday mornings with a group of wonderful women. We are doing a bible study called "How to be my Husband's help meet". It has been really interesting. But, not as interesting as this last chapter. It has been talking about being submissive to our husbands. But this is not even close to the sermon that our minister gave last Sunday. Which of course was on the same thing. I think I am seeing a pattern? But anyway, I am really thinking about my role as a wife to Jeff. Yes, I have been controlling and I have not had a good respect for Jeff. But, I think I have not had a good respect for my dad, either. See, I do not care if you are single, married etc, if you do not have a respect or forgiveness with your dad, you will not reverence God and or husband. I know having a good relationship with mom is important, but your dad will determine how you treat your husband. I have been really looking at this. Dad is a loving man, but he did not stand up. I think is was mom, she was a feminist who controlled the family. I realize that I am a women of God, he wants me to be meek and loving, not controlling. And Jeff deserve a loving wife and not a complaining and brute wife. So, tonight after I listened to last weeks sermon, I just let go. I have always thought that God was going to make me a minister's wife. I am not sure if this is me or God. It really does not matter, because I need to get out of the way and submit and humble myself before God. He know and I have to let him work and I do not need to get in the way. So, tonight I gave it to Him. I am not going to be full of pride or discontent. I release it all to Him.
As far as my husband, I am letting go of resentments and bitterness. I am going to be Jeff's wife and support and encourage all that I can. Because, Jeff deserves that from me.

John 8:32

No comments: