"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Attitude?!

So, I am sitting in church tonight and feeling a little down. I have not been able to walk the last couple of days because of rain. I also think food looks a little more tempting. But anyway, Pastor Mike starts his sermon on attitude. Can you believe it? He starts to talk about Joesph and his dreams, if he had listened to people down his dreams he could of become a negative person(Genesis 37). And really through all the things that Joesph goes through, he could of became negative. But, he stay steadfast and waits. Pastor Mike also talks about the Israelites and the ten spies, who come back and talked fear about the promise land. The only two that are stead fast are Joshua and Caleb. They both knew that God would get them through, and help them conquer the land. But because of fear, this caused all the rest of the Israelites to loose out on the blessings. Joshua and Caleb are the only two that will receive this blessing of the promise land. (Numbers 13:26-33). And oh my goodness let us not forget David as a boy, who knew that the Lord would help him defeat Goliath. Come on, how awesome is that. The knowledge and boldness of David, wow I would love to be like that. But of course, that is the point isn't it? I have a choice. I can choose to be negative or positive, I can choose to be bold or weak. Well I choose to be positive and bold, strong and loving. My words, body language, faith, lifestyle etc, hinges on the Lord and my attitude towards His word. I would like to see my boldness like Paul. He had so many things happen to him and he still was bold and knew his Lord. He even called himself a prisioner of Jesus Christ. He was ready to go to Heaven at any time. But, Paul also knew he had a task to fill, and that was to reach people for Christ. So, we need to get out of our little zones and start reaching people for Christ. I am going to do that. God bless anyone who wants to join me.

No comments: