"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Summer School



I have decieded that we are not going to take the summer off. I really believe that the kids needs to at least read and do some of their math assignments. I do not want them to loose what they have retained. So, I would like to share some sights that I have found. First of all, check with your local library. Some of them have reading programs. Here are some sites that I found www.readingrocket.org, www.codli.ca/CITE/summer_reading.htm, and www.educationworld.com. Try these different sites, also you can google "summer reading" and see what comes up for you. It is so important to keep our children reading. They will learn more spelling words, they will become more steady with reading and so much imagination will pop in their heads.

Have a great time with reading and make sure that you get some reading time also. God bless all of you homeschool moms and dads. Sincerely Tanya


1 comment:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Tanya! We are taking the summer off because I don't want the kids to dread homeschool and look to public school as better because they get the summer off....Homeschool is really working for us and I plan to take the summer and hopefully do some road trips and mini vacations as reward for a job well done!

I'm glad you had a great mother's Day!
Hugs,
Robin