"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Character Building For Boys and Girls




A Couple of years ago I was introduced to a women named Charlotte Mason. She was a teacher in the early centuries who was a school teacher. Her approach really intriged me. One of the subject that she took very seriously was character building and handiwork.

I find it really important, since we are with our children all the time, to teach them skills that will help them manage a life of obediance when they leave home. There are wonderful sites out there with curriculum to help our children learn these tasks. I would like to name off a few.

Hope Chest Legacy

Homeschool blogger

Keepers of the Home

Homeschooling from the heart

His-Net

Door Post

I know that there are so many others out there. I would also like to introduce this company I just found. It seems that they offer books for character building. www.salemridgepress.com and this site is amazing www.rhlschool.com. I hope that you will be able to find the curriculum that suites your family. If I remember right Ambleside online had a list of handiwork for Boys and Girls that you can just print off. Happy Hunting!


No comments: