"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our Son's New Adventure

Hello everyone! I know, it has been a while since I have been on here. I have to tell ya, I really should keep this blog up and going. So much information on the world wide web for Home school families. I will be posting some blog post for families with Special Needs kids. I have lots to tell you in the next couple of blogs. But I would like to share the biggest news of all, our son Luke
and our niece Tasha graduated in May. It was a busy time, but it was also a very deep time of reflection for me. As a home school mom, I often worry about my kids education. Did I do enough, will they have enough knowledge to make it out there. So, this was a big step for me and a hard one. I was very blessed to have three other mothers going through graduations with there sons. So this really helped me.

I do not want to tell you this to worry you. Home schooling is a privilege and should not be taken lightly, but should be honored and serious. We have the opportunity to train our kids in a way that is not offered in Public school. We get to teach them about creation, God and family traditions. So this year, I will be homeschooling one child, our daughter Melanie. I am really honored to be able to teach her one on one. This will be a great year to teach.


This picture above is Jeff, me, Luke, Tasha, Charlene my sister, Jim who is holding JJ. This was on the day of the graduation. We had lots of friends show up and support us. Lots of food and a DVD showing of Luke and Tasha. It was a really great day. We had a blast. Here is the site that I ordered Luke's diploma and class ring, go here
Well, it was great to be back and I will be posting some more blogs in the coming days. Talk to ya later, Tanya

1 comment:

Nana C said...

The pictures are great...we were in No. Carolina...and I was glad that Gary was able to meet Luke in the Hy-Vee parking lot...we sent him a card and I am praying that he will continue to be successful...love nana C