"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Let me introduce myself




My name is Tanya Ross. I would like to give a little testimony about myself. First of all, I did not start my kids out on home school. This was a leading by Jesus. In 2000, my husband and I started a new church. The both of us rededicated our hearts and lives back to our Jesus. During that time our children were in the public school.

One day, my husband came to me and asked me if I would consider homeschooling. I kind of laughed this off, but I did go to prayer about it. The Lord lead me to bringing our children home. Our Son Luke was in fourth grade and our daughter preschool. She really has not had a knowledge of formal class room. Luke if asked, will tell you that he does not want to go back to public school and our daughter Melanie is not sure. I feel really blessed to be a home school mom. There has been a lot of rewards, especially being able to watch my children grow. My children are more relaxed for some reason and they have great imaginations.

They are both so wonderful and they love each other so much. I never have to break them up in a fight, they love one another so much. I hope that after I am long gone, they both keep up relationship and their families grow up together. Melanie thinks that her brother is a knight and he will protect her. How awesome is that. Homeschooling is a radical decision.

When Jeff and I thought about homeschooling, I was working full time. It was so difficult to do school and work. Now I am a full time mother and I love to be with my kids. God is so good and sometimes we never know why God does what He does. But He knows best. He has change my thinking of being a mom and how important it is to be a good example for my children. Am I perfect, no, I am human. Do I seek forgiveness through my children and repent, yes, I never want my kids to feel they have to be perfect and they are not loved. They are and I am also. I hope that my blog helps you in your seeking of homeschooling. If you have any question, please let me know. If I do not know the answer, I will find if for you. The Internet can be a wonderful place for you, there is so much on the net to help with school. God bless all of you, and good luck in your search.





No comments: