"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Board Games






If you are looking for some new ideas to use to keep homeschooling fun, I have a suggestion. I have added board games to our daily routine and the kids love it. I bought "Rush Hour" and "Apples to Apples" for the kids. These are great games that create thinking and promblem solving. I highly suggest these two games. I have also bought a couple of other games that I will tell you about later on. We haven't gotten to them yet. I also introduced the abucus and some pattern blocks. This kids really enjoy the hands on and it seems to keep their interest. I really suggest that you look into some board games and other hands on activities. Have a great beginning to your new year.

Sincerely,



I bought these from "Rainbow Resource", they were really reasonable.

4 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

We are a Christian family, and have sometimes wished there was a Christian school in our home town.
(That's Inverell, N.S.W. Australia)
I used to be a teacher, and wondered if I could get a job in a Christian school. But I switched to writing. If you ever read Christian fantasy/allegory, can I suggest one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" can be previewed by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog, if you feel like visiting, is http://threeswans.blogspot.com Blessings, whatever happens.

Andrew Clarke said...

Thanks for your message, Tanya. It's a good thing that you are the director of the Pregnancy Center, since you would give people much better and more Godly advice than some. I've heard it said, or complained actually, that the counsel sometimes given to pregnant women is not balanced - they are encouraged to terminate without being warned what the consequences can be, either physical or emotional because of the guilt that may arise. At them same time, as you say, some women want a baby to love them but might not be prepared for the older child who takes a lot of caring for and guiding! It's good to contact you. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

God bless you! The picture of Jesus holding the little girl really helps me. Lisa

Tanya said...

Hello Lisa, welcome to my blog. I am so glad that you came to my blog. If you have any questions let me know. Tanya