"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cooking and Crafting



This year, I have been pulling Melanie into the kitchen. I really want her to learn how to cook and read recipes. She learned how to read the recipe for some homemade pancakes. She did really well and they tasted so good.




Here is what they looked like, so good.






Another area I have been trying to put into her week is arts and crafts. Melanie is so creative and the best way to get her creative juices flowing is by giving her the time to create. I have also been using the Keeper at Home book to give me ideas to help her create. She is learning about stamping. We bought a bunch of stamps a couple of years ago, but we did not have the time to mess with them. Here is Melanie creating some master piece. She is really good.






I made this one, the stamp needed me to press harder in the middle of it, I did not get all the giving stamped down.

This one is Melanie's creation. She love working with the stamps and creating a neat picture. This would be great as cards. She started cross stitching, so hopefully I will be able to show you some of her project. I hope ya enjoyed the pictures and remember, crafts are fun. Tanya

No comments: