"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."
Hello, welcome to my homeschool blog. There is a lot of information in the margins. I have looked at one or more of the products or did some time on the sites. There is alot of information and sites to set up an awesome homeschool for your children. So, grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfortable. I hope you find what you need. God bless you from the Ross Family.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We The People

This is a group of girls that my daughter and I are involved with. The girls put on a play about the colonies and the set up of the new government. They went to the local nursing home, Good Samaritan. The residents just love the girls and the girls really love the residents.




This is Melanie, is she not beautiful. I love that stain glass window behind her. It is so awesome.












Here is another mom working on the costumes for the girls. We had little colonial women, Indians and gentlemen. Very creative with their costumes. They looks so good.







We were so blessed this time with some grandma's and grandpa's helping with the play. They did an awesome job and it was awesome to see family input to the play.







And here are the two mascots for the play. They had a wonderful time waving their flags and rolling in the wagon. They are so cute.







Here are the girls singing songs. They sang some awesome songs, "Yankee Doodle", God bless America, America the Beautiful, and She is a Grand Old Flag. The residents had a wonderful time with the kids and vice a versa. It is so awesome to see how they have all grown in the couple of years that we have done this. They are all wonderful little ladies. What are you doing this summer, please let me know. God bless all of you and Have a wonderful "Fourth Of July."

4 comments:

Susan said...

What great pictures. I am biased and have to say I really think the two mascots are pretty cute.

Nana C said...

Tanya, wow I say you have done an awesome job with this post! Your Melanie is beautiful! She loves to share with the residents too, I so enjoyed seeing her and spending time with you both. I am trying to get back into sharing on my blogsite too. Love nana C

Tanya said...

nana, welcome to my homeschool blog. She has an awesome heart. I love my mellie very much. I was so glad to spend some time with you. I hope your trip back was good. Talk to you some more later. Love ya, Tanya

Hadil said...

Thanks